Who We Represent
AFT-West Virginia represents all teachers and school service personnel in public schools. We represent the interests of teachers, counselors, librarians, custodians, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, nurses, classroom aides, clerical employees, and the other men and women who work so hard to make our schools work. We also represent employees in universities, colleges and community and junior colleges. AFT-West Virginia does not represent administrators.
What We Offer
- $1 million professional liability insurance
- Job-related legal defense
- $5,000 no-cost life insurance (new members only)
- $25,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Group rates for supplemental health, disability, accident insurance
- Preferred- rate auto and homeowners insurance
- Discounts at hotels and four car rental companies nationwide
- Many more discounts and benefits are explained on the Member Benefits page on this website.
Trusted, Professional Representation
When you need representation for a job-related issue, you want a quick response from knowledgeable and experienced representatives. AFT-West Virginia staff represntatives are specialists, and our toll-free hotline (1-800--222-9838) means help when you need it. Such service provides both peace of mind and protection that could save your career.